Bogoso explosion: Truck driver, motorcyclist and police escort nevertheless alive – Police

GhPageNewsBogoso explosion: Truck driver, motorcyclist and police escort nevertheless alive – Police- Advertising campaign -The Ghana Police Company has responded to queries regarding the whereabouts of the driver from the truck that exploded close to Bogoso in the Western Area on Thursday. According to the Director-General of the Police Public Matters Department, ACP Kwesi Ofori the driver is alive. Furthermore confirmation, he said the particular rider of the motorbike in whose collision with the truck started the fire that induced the blast is also living, just as the police escort designated to the truck. Speaking upon Citi FM, ACP Kwesi Ofori said the Tarkwa Divisional Police duly authorized and approved a law enforcement escort for the truck that was transporting explosives to Chirano Gold Mines. READ MORE: Federal government to rebuild houses with regard to displaced Bogoso explosion victimsThe police officer has since already been interrogated and provided related information to the police about what happened. “The police management will like to place on report that the vehicle in question had been under escort and paperwork were prepared and provided to the escort team in order to escort the product to the destination. It was properly authorized by the Tarkwa Divisional Law enforcement and there is no foul enjoy at all…The police officer continues to be interrogated and has given their opinion on the matter, ” ACP Kwesi Ofori described. Following the Thursday afternoon occurrence, many different accounts have been provided including claims that the motorist and the motorcyclist had passed away. Others also claimed there was no security companion for the transport of the explosives.
Many houses were ruined in the blastBut according to ACP Kwesi Ofori, the police companion, motorcyclist and truck operater all survived the lethal incident. He said the driving force, together with the police escort assisted to reduce the number of casualties simply by warning nearby residents which includes school pupils in a college to move away due to the certain explosion. “When the event took place, the police officer rapidly alerted those around the picture that there is a likelihood there would be an explosion. Once the accident occurred, it required about 15 to twenty minutes before the first huge increase. The police quickly with the drivers tried as much as possible to tell the particular onlookers to leave the area. Some heeded others did not. The first occurred and the 2nd explosion ravaged the town as well as the village where a lot of damage took place, ” ACP Kwesi Ofori added. “The drivers, the police officer and the electric motor rider are all alive simply because they heeded to the advice, ” he noted. Meanwhile, a minimum of 13 people have been verified dead with 59 other people badly injured. Over 170 families were directly impacted by the incident. Meanwhile, the particular Vice President, on behalf of the federal government visited the Bogoso Catholic Parish Relief Centre exactly where over 300 of the out of place persons are being catered pertaining to and donated mattresses, hand bags of rice as well as GH¢200, 000 for the upkeep associated with survivors. Get Ghana Most recent News in your inbox every morning. Subscribe

Loading