Bogoso explosion: Truck driver, motorcyclist and police escort nevertheless alive – Police

GhPageNewsBogoso explosion: Truck driver, motorcyclist and police escort nevertheless alive – Police- Advertising -The Ghana Police Provider has responded to queries in regards to the whereabouts of the driver from the truck that exploded close to Bogoso in the Western Area on Thursday. According to the Director-General of the Police Public Matters Department, ACP Kwesi Ofori the driver is alive. Furthermore confirmation, he said the particular motorcycle rider whose accident with the truck sparked the particular fire that triggered the particular blast is also alive, just like the police escort assigned towards the truck. Speaking on Citi FM, ACP Kwesi Ofori said the Tarkwa Divisional Police duly signed plus approved a police companion for the truck which was carrying explosives to Chirano Precious metal Mines. READ MORE: Government in order to rebuild houses for out of place Bogoso explosion victimsThe officer has since been interrogated and provided relevant info to the police on what occurred. “The police administration should to place on record the vehicle in question was below escort and documents had been prepared and given to the particular escort team to companion the product to its location. It was properly signed by Tarkwa Divisional Police plus there is no foul play from all…The police officer has been interrogated and has given his viewpoint on the matter, ” ACP Kwesi Ofori explained. Following a Thursday afternoon incident, a variety of accounts have been given which includes claims that the driver as well as the motorcyclist had died. Other people also claimed that there had been no security escort for your transport of the explosives.
Several houses were destroyed within the blastBut according to ACP Kwesi Ofori, the police escort, motorcyclist and truck driver just about all survived the deadly event. He said the driver, along with the police escort helped to lessen the number of casualties by caution nearby residents including college pupils in a school to advance away due to the imminent huge increase. “When the incident happened, the police officer quickly notified those around the scene there is a likelihood that there will be an explosion. When the incident occurred, it took regarding 15 to 20 a few minutes before the first explosion. The authorities quickly with the driver attempted as much as possible to tell the onlookers to leave the place. Several heeded others didn’t. The very first occurred and the second huge increase ravaged the town and the community where a lot of destruction happened, ” ACP Kwesi Ofori added. “The driver, the authorities officer and the motor driver are all alive because they heeded to the advice, ” this individual noted. Meanwhile, at least thirteen people have been confirmed lifeless with 59 others terribly injured. Over 170 family members were directly affected by the particular incident. Meanwhile, the Vice President, on behalf of the government stopped at the Bogoso Catholic Parish Relief Centre where more than 300 of the displaced people are being catered for plus donated mattresses, bags associated with rice as well as GH¢200, 500 for the upkeep of survivors. Get Ghana Latest Information in your inbox each morning. Sign up

Loading